During this month of December, YWAM workers will be praying for gospel breakthroughs. In particular, they will be praying for a YWAM team in the Horn of Africa and this team’s vision to see God’s purposes furthered for the countries of Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia, and Yemen. You are invited to join the YWAM family in prayer by joining in with the YWAM global prayer day on December 10, called The Invitation.
Pray for Gospel Breakthroughs
- Pray for YWAM’s pioneering efforts. Pray for YWAM’s teams, for more workers, for courage, for provision, for the Holy Spirit to use YWAM’s efforts for breakthroughs spiritually, for any way the Lord is leading you to pray.
- Listen for God’s leading regarding new areas, people groups, or ministries that God may be calling you to.
- Pray for fresh, intentional strategies of multiplication in YWAM related to reaching the unreached.
In 2014, the Lord spoke to a small team of YWAM workers to establish a central training and sending location to reach the unreached in and around the Horn of Africa. A YWAM team is now working in the Horn with a vision to reach the local community and to raise up believers who will go to the other nations. The nations of focus are: Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea, and Yemen. The YWAM team is currently working with Somali, Yemeni and Afar people who are all less than two percent Christian.
- Pray for the Lord of the Harvest to send forth workers and to multiply teams.
- Pray for people of peace.
- Please lift up one Somali woman who has recently gone from seeker to believer.
- Pray for a new Yemeni brother who is considering doing a DTS. Pray for wisdom, direction, provision, and favor.
- Pray for the unity and boldness for local believers and for them to catch and take ownership of their call and destiny. Pray for the workers to love, empower, and champion them.
- Pray for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit and the obedience and boldness to share and sow generously.
- Pray for God encounters within terrorist and radical groups. Pray that from there would come “Paul’s,” great apostles for the kingdom of God.
- Pray for language learning for the team.
- Pray for each country the YWAM team is focusing on. The statistics and prayer points below come from the book Operation World.
- 99.92% Muslim, .08% Christian
- One of the world’s least evangelized countries
- 50.26% Muslim, 47.31% Christian, 1.87% non-religious
- Literacy rate 56.7%
- 97.03% Muslim, 1.75 % Christian
- 10 languages; less than half with Scriptures
- 99.67% Muslim, .33% Christian
Mobilize and Go: If you sense God leading you to Somalia, Yemen, Eritrea, or Djibouti, pray and consider joining the team in the Horn of Africa. Visitors are welcome. Contact the team by using the YWAM Middle East website.
Get practical help and coaching in taking the next steps. Take advantage of YWAM coaches and field workers who will help you plan and begin work in unreached areas. Go to bridgestothelost.com
Tell YWAM what you sensed in prayer: Go to facebook.com/youthwithamission, find the post for December 10, and add a comment about how you prayed. Go to Twitter; search for #praywithywam and tweet about your prayer time or post a picture.
Follow-Up From Last Month
YWAM locations prayed for their own communities and specifically for immigrants in their area. YWAMers on Facebook asked for prayers for all of the refugee centers in Athens.
Upcoming topics for The Invitation:
January 14, 2016 – Global Topic: A Picture of a Breakthrough in the Muslim World
February 11, 2016 – Praying for Local Concerns (Location and Community).
The second Thursday is just a suggestion. Feel free to pray close to that date at a time that works well for your location’s schedule.
Don’t Miss The Invitation
Sign up for prayer updates. On the home page of ywam.org, scroll down to the “Stay Connected” box, put in your email address, and click “Sign Up.”
Download prayer updates in a specific language. Go to ywam.org/theinvitation. (Currently available in Spanish, French, Indonesian, or request other languages.)
Join the conversation about how God is leading in these prayer times. Comment on the Facebook post on the second Thursday at facebook.com/youthwithamission or on Twitter @ywam, hash tag #praywithywam.
If you sense God giving you a word or a direction for YWAM’s prayer, please contact us.