Join YWAMers around the globe in praying and hearing from God. He is inviting you!
This year is YWAM’s 60th year and we are celebrating! Please join us this month for YWAM’s prayer day, called The Invitation, on Thursday, October 8.
Our story started when God spoke to Loren Cunningham, YWAM Co-Founder, through a vision of waves of young people going to the nations. We are some of those young people. Our lives have been changed because of how God met Loren in the late 1950s and then led Loren and Darlene Cunningham to start YWAM. As we reflect back on God speaking to Loren as He did, we realize that moment has significant parallels to other moments throughout history, moments when God stepped in to share His heart and His purposes for the world. Indeed, we have come to realize that the vision Loren saw, this unexpected encounter, was a God-initiated, destiny-defining, foundational covenant from God to birth a new missions movement.
If you only have a few moments to pray thank God for His works He has done through YWAM.
And Jesus said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men. And immediately they left their nets and followed him. Mark 1: 17-18
A special note about The Invitation: This month also marks the five-year anniversary of The Invitation. We thank all who have made this possible through participating in prayer, gathering others to pray, providing prayer information, translating content, and giving leadership and administrative help. If you have any feedback or suggestions for us please send an email to [email protected] Let us know: Do you use the “Prepare to Pray” section? What do you like best about The Invitation? What would you like to see improved?
Prepare to Pray:
As a group or individually, ask the Holy Spirit to remind you of all there is to celebrate with YWAM’s 60th anniversary. After an appropriate time make a list of all that God revealed to you. What did He reveal? People? Ministries? Events? Nations? Redemption? Salvation? Grace? Mercy?
Take time to celebrate and be full of gratitude for what God has initiated and brought to pass over these past 60 years.
Pray for YWAM:
- Thank God for His faithful and gracious leadership during these 60 years of YWAM.
- Thank God also for sustaining Loren and Darlene Cunningham and other leaders who have stepped out in obedience and been faithful to God’s vision.
- Thank God for those who have faithfully prayed, supported, and invested financially in YWAM and YWAMers in any way through these 60 years. Pray that they would be blessed, encouraged, and strengthened in their faith.
- Thank God that within a generation millions of young people have had their lives touched by God because of this vision of the waves.
- Express gratitude to God for each of the ways He has blessed you personally through YWAM.
- Pray for God to speak to young people all over the world like He spoke to Loren about going into all the world.
- Pray that YWAM would continue to be a bridge for millions of young people to be involved as missionaries.
- Pray for YWAMers all over the world to continue to be faithful to God and to walk in obedience, faith, humility, and courage in this decade ahead.
- Contact those who have invested in prayer, friendship and financially supported you over the time you have been part of YWAM and encourage them and bless them in the way God shows you.
- Plan and host an online or in-person celebration for YWAM’s 60th according to your current situation.
- Check out the newly revised YWAM.org website. On the menu, pick the “For YWAMers” option and familiarize yourself with the YWAM Vision, Values, Covenants and Legacy Words.
- Read/re-read Is That Really You, God? by Loren Cunningham with Janice Rogers, YWAM Publishing.
- Share on facebook.com/youthwithamission, post a picture and add a comment about how you prayed.
- Go to twitter.com; search for #praywithywam and tweet about your prayer time/post a picture. You can also post a photo on Instagram and use the same hashtag, #praywithywam.
- Send an email to [email protected] letting us know how you prayed and what God revealed to you.
How We Prayed – September 2020 – YWAM’s Global Prayer Initiative
- As many as 4,000 YWAM leaders and locations (missionaries holding 220 different types of passports) connected face to face and online around the four themes of Remember, Repent, Realign and Release. Many fasted and prayed at different times throughout the month.
- John Dawson, one of YWAM’s elders, reflected on Psalm 81 and the story of Gideon. He also noted “There is intense groaning in the earth. In this season I am reminded that our real calling deeper than the healing of the nations. It is healing the heart of God.”
- Several young YWAM leaders have noted that coronavirus could be a defining moment for their generation. Many had expected significant breakthroughs before the pandemic but now see “breakthrough” in a different light.
- Received from the mother of a young woman that completed a YWAM DTS several years ago: “My daughter was rebelling from the truth and our family when she applied to do her DTS. Halfway through the DTS my husband received a phone call asking for forgiveness! Her chains had been broken and we see the fruits in her life now. Thank you Lord and thank you YWAM!”
- Another was given Ezra 9 to study and pray. And prayed: “Let us truly break our spiritual pride to hear what the Spirit is really saying to the churches today and resist the devil in all his various schemes at every turn.”
- And another was given 2 Corinthians 1:10-11 to share with the YWAM family.
- A YWAM leader noted that God has put it on his heart to pray for revival for Cambodia more than ever before.
- November 12: Haiti
- December 10: Care for Creation
- January 14: Buddhism
Don’t Miss The Invitation:
- Sign up for prayer updates. Go to ywam.org, find the “Stay Connected” box on the home page, put in your email address and click “Sign Up.”
- Download prayer updates in a specific language. Go to ywam.org/theinvitation. (Currently available in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Indonesian, Korean or request other languages.)
- Join the conversation about how God is leading in these prayer times. Comment on the Facebook page on the second Thursday at facebook.com/youthwithamission or on Twitter @ywam, hashtag #praywithywam. You can also post a photo on Instagram and use the same hashtag, #praywithywam.
- You can now listen to The Invitation as a podcast. To sign up or listen to past episodes, go to: ywampodcast.net/prayer.
- If you sense God giving you a word or a direction for YWAM’s prayer, please contact us: [email protected].