The Invitation, August 11, 2022
This month, please join us as we pray for the long-term survivors of sexual exploitation. There are more allies in anti-trafficking efforts than ever before, but there is still a huge shortage of beds and residential services which can provide safety and trauma-informed care to both adult and minor victims, especially those who have their own children.
Please join us this August in YWAM’s prayer initiative called The Invitation as we pray for these victims of exploitation. Please take a moment to pray right now and please also join us on our prayer day, August 11.
- Pray for the ones who have been rescued. Pray that victims would become survivors who thrive, experiencing abundant life, supportive community, and joy. One survivor in Canada writes “But now I see a new light! I see people differently. I walk by faith, and my hope is not in this life nor in humanity. Jesus is faithful to his promises, He heard my cry and because of this I know I am never alone.” Pray for more testimonies like this one!
- Pray for the ones involved in this ministry. Pray for those who are ministering to people still trapped in trafficking. Pray for ministry leaders and survivor mentors. This is a hard and sometimes overwhelming journey (Romans 15:13). Pray for more residential services for survivors of trafficking, and for more caregivers with trauma-informed training.
- Pray for transformation in mindsets around the world. In one Indian brothel, Nepali sex workers were asked why they stayed in their work, even though they hated it. They gave answers like this: “My family has so much debt and soon will lose our small plot of land where we grow our food. They need me to pay off their debts.” Without good income-generating options the poor are vulnerable to exploitation at the hands of others who make a profit from them. Pray for cultures and governments so that women’s bodies are respected and valued, and families have options for survival (Galatians 2:10).
- Do research and ask questions to find out who in your area is actively engaged in fighting trafficking and what their needs are. If you are looking to start an anti trafficking business we would love to help! We would gladly share what we have learned and coach you to make an impact through your business or ministry. You can contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Read more stories and continue in prayer by using the prayer guide 15 Days of Prayer to End Exploitation, available at kairostraders.com.
Join The Invitation
Sign up for prayer emails and find translations in many languages at ywam.org/theinvitation. Please contact us at [email protected] to let us know how you prayed, to recommend a prayer topic, or to request an advance copy of the prayer guide.