The Invitation, March 9, 2023
Just under 700,000 Kanuri Manga people live in the east of Niger and far northeast of Nigeria. Most of them are farmers, growing mostly grain crops in a harsh environment as well as raising sheep, goats and the horses which are a symbol of prestige. The Kanuri Manga are Sunni Muslims, with no known Christians among them. Today the Kanuri Manga face great physical and spiritual needs. Their climate causes famine to return for a season every year. The local terrorist group, Boko Haram, has recruited some of their people and killed others, causing many to flee to refugee camps.
Please join with the YWAM prayer initiative called The Invitation as we pray for the Kanuri Manga. Please pray right now and on our prayer day, March 9.
- Pray for blessings on the Kanuri Manga, that God’s kingdom will reach them in all its fullness and bless them in spirit, soul, and body. Pray for good rains, and an end to famine and poverty (Matthew 5:44-45).
- Pray that God will bring an end to violence, and that there will be reconciliation among the people of this region.
- Pray for more Christians in this area to be bold in sharing their faith and for more efforts to share the gospel among them (Proverbs 1:7).
Suggestions for Group or Individual Prayer
The Kanuri are fond of using proverbs, developed to teach life lessons. Reflect on these sayings or break into groups and each discuss one. To what extent do you agree with the proverb? If so, how have you seen this truth in your life?
- “At the bottom of patience there is heaven.”
- “One does not love another if one does not accept anything from him.”
- “He who does not know the road holds back even the one who does.”
Pray that these proverbs, and others like them, would direct the thoughts and prayers of the Kanuri to the God of love, and to Jesus, the way to know God.
These prayer insights into the Kanuri Manga were taken from Day 20 of the 30th anniversary edition of 30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World. To get your copy of this prayer guide, please go to pray30days.org.
Join the Invitation
Sign up for prayer emails and find translations in many languages at ywam.org/theinvitation. Please contact us at [email protected] to let us know how you prayed, to recommend a prayer topic, or to request an advance copy of the prayer guide.