The Invitation, August 10, 2023
Most of those who have had any involvement with YWAM will have heard the saying, “Once a YWAMer, always a YWAMer.” There are an estimated three to four million individuals who have had some involvement with YWAM. They form part of YWAM’s broader family now. But leaving a YWAM training program or a YWAM staff position can involve a difficult transition. It can be hard for the person to find Christian community. It can take time to find clarity about God’s calling.
Please take a moment right now to pray for YWAM’s broader family and join us on our prayer day for The Invitation on the 10th of August.
- Pray for increased connection. Pray that all those currently within YWAM would strengthen and encourage those who have been involved with YWAM. YWAM Associates International (ywamassociates.com) has been doing this for 35 years, but this month we want to pray that God would guide all YWAM ministries to care for the individuals who leave their ministry location no matter how little or long they have served there.
- Pray for the influence of YWAM alumni. Many are serving in one or more spheres of society (family, religion, education, economics, media, celebration or government). Some are praying to find their place. Pray for the transformation that this broader YWAM family is bringing for God’s kingdom.
- Pray for increased networking among those in the spheres of society. Pray for more connection opportunities, for them to be able to encourage one another and share how they’re taking God’s kingdom into their spheres.
- Pray for reconciliation. The fact is that with so many people involved with YWAM, there will naturally be the need for reconciliation in some situations. Where this is the case, please pray that this will take place as we humble ourselves as a YWAM family.
- Pray for the environment that those leaving YWAM are going back to. Pray that each person will be involved in a loving Christian community in the place God has called them, and to live the values they learned in YWAM.
- If you know people who have been involved with YWAM, consider if God is leading you to reach out to one or more of them, to strengthen and encourage them.
- Perhaps this month’s prayer topic has stirred up some past connections that you may want to make right. If you individually or as a YWAM ministry want to reach out and re-connect or offer apologies to certain people the Lord might be highlighting, now is a great time to do that.
- A good tool to help people with the transition from a mission-field setting is Peter Jordan’s book, Re-Entry (https://www.ywampublishing.com/p-256-re-entrybrmaking-the-transition-from-missions-to-life-at-home.aspx).
How We Prayed
The Send, July 13, 2023
YWAM Kilimanjaro reported how they prayed for every prayer point. They sensed God leading them to many Bible verses, including Psalm 86:9: “All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.”
Join The Invitation
Sign up for prayer emails and find translations in many languages at ywam.org/theinvitation. Please contact us at [email protected] to let us know how you prayed, to recommend a prayer topic, or to request an advance copy of the prayer guide.